Your World Healthcare is currently recruiting a Hospital Porter based in Reading on a temporary basis.
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Hospital Catering Staff
Job Type: Temporary
Duration: Ongoing with no end date specified
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Working days and hours: Monday to Friday 3.75 hours working the following shifts
6.30am to 2.30pm
8am to 4pm
10am to 6pm
Pay Rate: £9.77 paye inclusive of Holiday pay
Nature of Support Required
Minimum NVQ 2 in Cookery or City and Guilds equivalent
Basic Food Hygiene – level 2 minimum.
Relevant experience of working in the catering trade including fresh conventional cooking.
Relevant experience of working in a similar type of establishment.
Not only food production but role will also include assistance in both patient and restaurant meal service.
Diet training will be given.
- Follow food safety legislation and complete all relevant Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points documentation.
- Be responsible for replenishing counter and food service areas, rotating in accordance with Use by and Best before dates ensuring stock is fresh and appetising.
- To be responsible for the 24-hour patient snack and discharge bag fridge daily ensuring products have 2 days shelf life on fresh products.
- Clean and refill hot drinks machines ensuring correct food products, cleaning products and cleaning cycles are used.
- Prepare and label sandwiches, salads, vegetables, fruit salad, paninis in designated controlled chilled based environment, labelling is computer based.
- Prepare patient meal trolleys for service, ensure trolleys are switched on, set up with appropriate, cutlery, crockery and serving utensils.
- Prepare trolleys for functions and hot buffets.
Do you have previous experience working as a catering assistant within the NHS?
Do you have previous experience working as a catering assistant experience?
Are you available to work Monday to Friday 6.30am to 2.30pm, 8am to 4pm and 10am to 6pm?
Are you available immediately and meet the criteria above?
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact the Non-Clinical Recruitment team at Your World Healthcare on 0207 220 0814.Apply Now Add to Shortlist
Who to Contact