Your World Healthcare is currently recruiting a MDT Coordinator based in Sydney on a temporary basis.
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Our client is looking for an experienced MDT Coordinator to assist in a busy healthcare setting. Candidates must have Cancer Pathway Experience to be considered.
Location: South East London
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Duration: Expected to be for 1 month, potentially longer
Pay: £10.50 - £12.50 Umbrella
- Patient Navigating: The post holder will be responsible for the prospective monitoring, reporting and tracking of cancer patients, ensuring that the patient’s journey is processed in a timely and efficient manner, in line with the Cancer Waiting Times Targets. (Health Service Circular (HSC) 2001/12.
- MDT Co-ordinating: To support the implementation of the NHS Cancer Plan by providing dedicated and effective administrative support to multi-disciplinary teams,
- The post holder will work with the Cancer Services team who will lead on pathway and process development to ensure accurate and complete data is recorded for ALL cancer patients.
- The MDT Co-ordinator Assistant will deputise for MDT Co-ordinators as required by the Cancer Waiting Times Manager in periods of sickness, annual leave and any other absences.
- The MDT Co-ordinator Assistant will assist the MDT Co-ordinator in the day-to-day running of the Multi-Disciplinary Meeting for one or more designated tumour sites, as required.
- To liaise with colleagues within the Trust and/or in other hospitals to ensure fast-track progression of the patient’s journey following the decisions made during multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- The MDT Co-ordinator assistant will assist the MDT Co-ordinator to ensure that accurate and complete data is collected via the Multi-Disciplinary Meetings to cover all data requirements for Cancer Waiting Times, Cancer Registries, Peer Review and National Clinical Audits (NCASP).
- The role requires a close relationship with the Cancer MDT Co-ordinators to ensure all patients pathways are actively monitored to prevent patients breaching their Cancer Waiting Time Targets.
- To identifying and resolve delays in the patient pathway. Where this is not possible, to follow the escalation procedure, highlighting any relevant issues to line management.
- To highlight any bottlenecks within the process, communicating regularly with line management.
- To escalate diagnostic appointments for target patients, (if booked outside the appropriate timescale).
- To liaise with other Trusts both within the Network and outside, in order to achieve continuous monitoring of the patient’s pathway.
- To identify and advise clinical teams on when waiting times adjustments can be made to the patient journey, ensuring these are accurately documented.
- Assist in the organisation of regular multi-disciplinary team meetings where all core members are in attendance and assist in keeping a comprehensive schedule of all team meetings.
- Assist in the communication to all core MDT members any cancellation or change in venue, date and time of meetings.
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact the Non-Clinical Recruitment team at Your World Healthcare on 0207 220 0814.Apply Now Add to Shortlist
Who to Contact