Your World Healthcare is currently recruiting a Porter based in Newtownabbey on a temporary basis.
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Job Type: Temporary
Duration: Expected to last up to 3 months
Pay Rates: £8.21ph - £9.77 paye inc
Working days: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
The postholder will be required to carry our general portering, departmental portering, main and security duties on a daily basis or shift basis as required.
- Collection, delivery, sorting and franking of mail.
- Participate in ensuring all operational systems and procedures in respect of security within the hospital and grounds are maintained.
- Collection of laundry, food trolley’s etc. throughout the hospital.
- Collecting waste on the Hospital site and delivering to the waste
- disposal areas. Recycling as required.
- Delivery of clean linen, food trolleys and other services and goods throughout the hospital.
- Movement of furniture and equipment.
- Store, deliver and maintain medical gas cylinders.
- Check medical gas cylinder valves and flow meters.
- Convey or accompany patients/visitors between wards, departments etc.
- Assist nursing staff to lift or move patients.
- Convey bodies to the mortuary.
- Deliver requisitions etc. to the stores and works department.
- Provide relief for departmental porters when necessary.
- Undertake driving duties as required from time to time.
- Ensure working base, equipment and vehicles are kept in a satisfactory condition.
- Observation of Trust Policies and Procedures relating to Support Services as instructed.
- Carry communication equipment as required e.g. bleep, phone.
- Collection and delivery of items throughout the hospital including patient charts, patient samples etc.
- Ensuring the proper use of any equipment and reporting any defects in
- equipment to the appropriate authority.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the grade as directed by the Supervisor or Deputy General Manager.
Key Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Ability to adapt to different situations
- Ability to prioritise work
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to exercise tact and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of the role of a Porter
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- issues relating to general services including lifting techniques
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact the Non-Clinical Recruitment team at Your World Healthcare on 0207 220 0814.Apply Now Add to Shortlist
Who to Contact