Temporary Staffing Manager
Your World Healthcare is currently recruiting a Temporary Staffing Manager based in Stevenage on a temporary basis.
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Temporary Staffing Manager
Job Type: Temporary
Duration: This is expected to be a 3 month temporary role and likely to be longer
Location: Stevenage – May be required to work at other locations
Pay Rates: £17.00 - £22.00 per hour paye plus holiday or £21.50 to £28.00 per hour umbrella depending on skill and experience
Working days and hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Ensure that the Trust operates a consistent, cost effective and efficient temporary staffing service, which is fully compliant with national and local policy requirements, professional standards and supports the delivery of high quality and safe care for patients on a Trust wide basis.
- Responsible for the internal Temporary Staffing Office Doctors (TSOD) ensuring appropriate establishment is in place, monitoring performance of bank fill, reducing agency activity and spend and highlighting any areas of risk subsequently forming action plans to deliver recommendations around efficiencies
- Lead for medical locums’ subgroup and East of England work stream around Medical Locums, including attendance at monthly steering and quarterly EOE as and when required, this can include attendance and input into the Nursing & AHP steering groups in the absence of the Head of Service.
- First line lead for Temporary Staffing day to day delivery (clinical/nonclinical) including recommendations around efficiencies, holistic view of each staff group to ensure maximum efficiencies are being made able.
- Prepare temporary staffing recommendation papers and attends any relevant forum to present Temporary Staffing information as and when required by Head of Service
- Attend external temporary staffing forums as and when required by Head of Service depending on service need (Nursing & AHP subgroup) with delegated responsibility to make decisions in the best interest of the Trust
- Proactive networking with other Temporary Staffing Managers across East of England network to share knowledge and discuss best practice and implement viable solutions within the internal function for all staff-groups
- Responsible for NHSI reporting requirements and ensuring systems are in place to allow accurate booking, reporting, escalation of shifts in line with national standards.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance against NHSI requirements and local polices/ procedures and escalating non-compliance through appropriate management structures.
- Development and maintenance of relationships with operational managers, particularly divisional managers, DGM, senior clinical leads and other senior staff as appropriate to ensure temporary staffing needs and requirements are acted upon efficiently.
- Responsible for ensuring robust processes and procedures are in place to monitor management information relating to the utilisation and performance of temporary staffing as required by Trust governance structures, highlighting key areas of risk and/or cost efficiency including making recommendations for improvements
- Responsible for ensuring audit recommendations/actions are implemented in a timely manner and appropriate monitoring processes are established/maintained through regular compliance reviews
- First line management of NHS Professionals to ensure NHSP are providing optimum service delivery day to day and liaise with Client Relations Manager on any issues through to resolution
Person Specification – Experience and Skills
- Degree level qualification in an appropriate subject or equivalent experience gained within a healthcare setting.
- Extensive commercial recruitment experience
- NHS Medical temporary staffing experience
- Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages (outlook, word, excel and PowerPoint)
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of temporary staffing requirements and good understanding of HR practice, policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of staff management techniques in order to manage own staff and be able to advise managers to address service issues relating to staffing.
- Significant experience of implementing cost reduction initiatives.
- Proven experience of capability to plan over short, medium- and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Previous leadership experience working within a temporary staffing environment
- Knowledge of Procurement frameworks
- Knowledge of NHS Finance Framework
- Working knowledge of Allocate Health Roster
Have you worked as a Temporary Staffing Manager at Band 7 in the NHS?
Do you have NHS temporary staffing experience?
Do you have knowledge of Allocate Health Roster?
Do you have knowledge of NHS Procurement and Finance frameworks?
Do you experience match the specifications stated and are you available immediately?
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact the Non-Clinical Recruitment team at Your World Healthcare on 0207 220 0814.Apply Now Add to Shortlist
Who to Contact