Lymphoedema Nurse Required in Plymouth
Job IntroductionIf you're a Band 6 Lymphoedema Nurse looking for a new opportunity, Your World Healthcare has the perfect position for you in Plymouth on a contract basis.
You'll be joining a fantastic team in a Plymouth based Hospital and will need to be extremely confident working both independently and alongside other healthcare professionals.
More about the role
As an experienced Lymphoedema Nurse, you will be responsible for supporting, assessing and advising cancer patients throughout their treatment. Patients may be experiencing severe side-effects from courses of treatment and will require regular assessments before, during and after chemotherapy. It will be your role to help patients through treatments and assessments, understanding the results of tests and how they might affect patients. You will also be expected to make clear records for each patient and organise any referrals to other healthcare departments, such as Dietetics, Speech and Language Therapy and more.
Due to the nature of this job, applicants should be comfortable making lasting relationships with patients and their family members, as well as creating a relaxed environment for them to be in.
Additionally, the right person for this role should be able to pay close attention to detail and recognise any signs that a patient may be struggling with treatment.
- Ability to administer chemotherapy
- 6 months' chemotherapy experience
- 1 year's NHS experience
- Cancer care qualification
- Chemotherapy competent
- CPR and BLS certification
- Clinical knowledge regarding specialty care services
- Knowledge of word processing, Electronic Health Records and database software applications
- To maintain strict confidentiality of case information within the department at all times.
- To plan care for those with uncomplicated Lymphoedema and those with stable Lymphoedema in long-term management including skin care, exercise, simple lymphatic drainage (SLD) and compression garments.
- To undertake assessments, monitoring, patient support and information provision in the clinic setting.
- To make referrals to other disciplines as necessary.
- Prepare clinical area, support therapist with treatment/procedure, i.e. Multi-Layer Limb Bandaging [MLLB].
- Being part of the Lymphoedema team providing Decongestive Lymphatic Therapy.
- Act as a resource for colleagues.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness, and condition of treatment areas including therapeutic apparatus and equipment throughout the Lymphoedema clinic.
About Your World
Your World Healthcare was founded in 2005 and has gone on to become one of the UK's leading suppliers of healthcare professionals.
Did you know that our oncology specialists have placed more oncology nurses than any other agency in the UK? Why not contact them today to discuss your next career move!
If you're interested in applying for this role, make sure to submit your application today. If you'd like to know more about our other oncology nursing jobs, contact Albie Parsons at [email protected]Apply Now Add to Shortlist